Wednesday 13 February 2013

Valentines Day in Maths! Middle and High School


At my High School, apart from selling and having roses delivered to students (fake ones!), we don't seem to cover Valentines Day like its covered in Primary School.

SsssoooOooOoooOooooooo... I'm going to change that!

I saw this AMAZING idea somewhere where you fold a piece of A4 paper in half, place your hand so that your thumb and index finger touch the creased side and trace!

I made the mistake on my first one below to place my thumb straight which means your heart looks a little sad! You will have to get your little ones to bend their thumb a bit to make more of a heart shape!
I am using these with both my Year 9s tomorrow. They are going to work in pairs to complete a table, graph and determine the rule based on a rate I give them.

I created this example for students and I will put them up on their Year 9 Bulletin Board when they finish!
I know I will hear from them "I heart Maths",but that is what I'm hoping for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...