Thursday, 21 March 2013

FREE Area Dominoes - Review in my Classroom

Year 9s are currently working on area, area of composite shapes, volume and capacity.

Since one of my year 9 classes require more support and engaging activities, I decided to use my FREEBIE Area of Square, Rectangle and Triangle Dominoes to review how to calculate the area of basic shapes that should have been covered in year 6 (covered, just forgotten)!


I differentiated this activity by making students show their calculations/ working out! :)
They LOVED working through this activity where they could work in a small group, share the 'working out' responsibility and collaborate to solve the problem!
It is always amazing to hear so much math-related discussion/ arguments happening in class!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...