Thursday 20 December 2012

MIA & a NEW Item on Scientific Notation!

My goodness.... After finishing school 5 days ago and all the busy work around reporting and the last two weeks or school, I've neglected my blog! I'm so sorry!

I thought I would do a small post on an item I created recently on Scientific Notation!

Nothing has ever been fun abut learning scientific notation, expanded form or the basic numeral, so I thought it would be a great idea to create a resource for this!
As usual, I've included a theme specific word wall with blanks, three help cards with different examples, three different sets of domino cards and three different, fun & engaging board games with cards!



We received our timetables for next year and (so far) I am teaching Year 8, 2 x Year 9s, 11 PVM and 12 PVM!!


I would much prefer to only teach year 8 or year 8 and 9, but our school puts non-math qualified teachers on year 8 because its 'easier' to teach than year 11 or 12 PVM! :( This makes me so sad for those children.

Earlier in the year I put in a transfer to move to a high school that is accepting year 7's (our school is not) and may find out up to Day 8 if I do or don't have a transfer, so created this (and future) resources for that purpose! 
Talk about nervous... Working 8 days at my school and potentially finding out that I may not be there for day 9! Needless to say, I've cleaned out my room, packed everything in boxes, and if I don't get a transfer, it'll be easy enough to unpack =\
Back to creating my Mean, Median, Mode & Range resource! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...