Friday 28 September 2012

FREE Coordinate Math Center Game

This FREE math center game has 12 different task cards over 4 levels and full solutions provided for each card. Students need to identify that the points on a Cartesian plane are represented by what is called an ordered pair or coordinates as ( X value, Y value ). The 4 levels range from 1 quadrant up to using all four quadrants. 
I cannot wait to print this set and use it with my year 8 and 9s who need a simple yet engaging way to practise identifying coordinates/ ordered pairs. We often only have "time" to focus on the set curriculum and this gives me the opportunity to include a review of coordinate mapping in my math rotations!
This freebie is the first of a Coordinate & Mapping Skills set I am working on which covers identifying points, plotting points, plotting shapes/ objects and transformations. I hope you find it as useful as I will! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...