Friday 31 August 2012

Buuuusssyyy & Math Center

Before - I'd begun to put words up!
Oh what a busy busy week! We're leading into assessment being handed in and completing revision with my year 12 Math A's because they have their qcs test coming up and their exam after this! A QCS test, if you're not sure is the Queensland Core Skills test that all students in Queensland sit to give them a position on ability against all other students in Qld and then their school results for 5 our of  6 subjects contribute to their OP which is an Overall Position which gives them a number between 1-25 to apply to University.
On top of this I spent a lot of time preparing posters and math relation words and a Math Center for my classroom. This is for my yr 8 and 9 students (age 12-15) to use in the last 20 minutes of the lesson as some core skill improvement activities!
After - My panorama is a bit blurry, but its so much more exciting, engaging & bright now! :)
My year 8s absolutely loved the room, the pot plant and that it was so brightly decorated compared to how bland and typically 'high school' it was.
$20 for all 4 of these off ebay!
$10 for all of these including
the big baskets & pencil ones
I bought all 4 shelves off ebay for $20 total which I was really pleased about! They are in excellent condition too! I bought the dustpan & brush new for $1, the plastic containers new for $8 total and the container of pens & pencils I had bought and collected over time. I have spare books I have on the bottom shelf for those students who don't tel their parents they need a new book, those who have 'one book for every subject' and those who just forget theirs. It made one of my year 8s days when he didn't bring anything to school because he's having a tough time, and I told him at the back there's books and pens he can use. He asked if he could keep it and was so happy and worked the best he has ever worked when I said of course you can, but you need to show me your best effort today! :) Such little things can make a childs day.
I'm getting very excited now as I've sold 8 items on TpT which means I'm only 2 sales away from my flash sale for 36 hours with a surprise % off! :)

I promise that I'll post this weekend again and I'll be putting more resources up very soon especially some freebies!! :)
I'd love to see some photos of your room and how you've decorated your math area!
 

2 comments:

  1. What a bargin! Have fun playing and organising with all your new things!

    Alison
    mathswithmeaning.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison! It was a great deal and I was very excited to set it up! Not as excited as my year 8 and 9s! :)

    I've already checked out your blog and had a look around. Look forward to talking soon!
    Liz - BaysideTeacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...