Saturday 25 May 2013

Five for Friday

This Friday I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for 5 for Friday! Make sure you hop on over to her blog to link on up and post your Five. 
1 - Work Ethic Success! We've begun using MathsOnline as a tool for issuing some student homework. This is generally what each week looks like for my year 8 homework. Of the 4 blanks, two do theirs on paper, one has left and the other cherub doesn't do any homework. I am SO proud of their continual efforts and I can only hope that my year 9s begin to show such a strong commitment to work. 


2 - Max had his second Sanitarium Tryathlon on Sunday (19th May) and absolutely LOVED every part of it! It's all about giving it a go, TRYing their best and having a fantastic fun filled day. He loved in that much he wants to do a 'real' kids triathlon in December :)


3 - Today we had out school Athletics day and this is a picture from our school twitter page of some year 8 students. It was a fantastic day and the weather was perfect until the last 30minutes... then the sky opened and it rained... and rained... so everyone ended up in the hall doing the Nutbush, Macarena and Gangmanstyle until the bell went! I missed most of the day as I was on 'bubbler' duty for 3 out of the 6 hours :( 


4 - I am trying to find time to put my thesis proposal together! If only there were more hours in a day. It's on the impact of parental involvement on student achievement with Year 8 and 9 students at the school I am presently teaching at. Hoping to have it ready to submit in the next week :)


5 - I am SO thankful I bought three new pairs of shoes last week! TWO of them are boots. These boots are vinyl but keep my legs soooooo warm, my others are shorter leather boots and my third pair and maroon dress shoes which I can't wait to wear later in the year. 

Now don't forget to head on over to  Doodle Bugs Teaching to link up your 5 for Friday and check out others! 

About time I head to bed here in Australia ready for a Saturday full of marking!


 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I got so excited for a minute thinking you were maybe in New Zealand too! Aussie is close enough ;) (I was actually born in Aussie)... so you're one of the few bloggers like me who isn't finishing up for the year and heading into summer... I picked up on you not being American by the "year" instead of grade comments and then when I saw you were buying boots to keep your legs warm it was obvious you were somewhere close to me!

    I'm so glad I've found your blog- I teach year six in NZ and am thinking of maybe moving into 7/8 because I love the older kids.

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...